October 24 – 27 2021: In-person workshop, Albuquerque, New Mexico
This in-person workshop will be postponed.
We will have a virtual workshop on October 25 from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM (Pacific time) and on October 26 from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM (Pacific time).
This workshop will have one main objective: preparation for Distributed Volcanic Field (DVF) eruption response scenario exercise. This workshop is organized by Tobias Fischer, Wendy Stovall, Emily Johnson, Kristina Walowski and Bruce Houghton.
We will spend the first day of the workshop (October 25) with a short presentation on research related to Distributed Volcanic Fields. We will then have breakout discussions on topics including:
- What are the signs of a volcanic event from a distributed field?
- When should we respond?
- How do we plan for long-term events (i.e. eruptions that last more than 1-2 days)?
- What are lessons learned from prior scenarios?
The second day (October 26) will include:
- Short presentation of break out room findings from Day 1 (presented by organizers)
- USGS response and DVF challenges presentation
- DVF Scenario logistics
- Break out rooms discussion: CONVERSE – challenges of the academic community in responding to a DVF event
- Break-out discussion and general questions
In 2019 we have held several disciplinary workshops that resulted in reports listed on the main page.
Our inter-disciplinary (in person) workshop planned for March 2020 has been postponed to April 2021. Please contact the disciplinary leaders for more information.
CONVERSE leaders workshop, Albuquerque, New Mexico, November 27, 2018
Community Volcano Experiment Workshop, Albuquerque New Mexico, November 28 – 30, 2018 COVE workshop Albuquerque
Modeling Collaboratory for Subduction (MCS) Kick-off meeting. Washington DC Dec. 9, 2018. http://www-udc.ig.utexas.edu/external/becker/sz4dmcs/